Tuesday 22 December 2015

Rick and the Time Lords!


The original Rick and the Time Lords


T-Shirt version Rick and the Time Lords
This is a Cross over image I had done for Eirtakon 2015.  It is a crossover between The Doctor from “DR Who”, Rick from “Rick and Morty” and Doc Brown from “Back to the Future”.  They all crash there respective Vehicles and start to Jam! forming the Greatest Band in Time and Space!
This was the most popular thing I had at the con by far, I loved everyones reaction to the idea :D it was an amazing con! and cant wait till next year!!
if you Like these illustration and want them for yourself follow the links bellow :D
Quality Teeshirts!!
Teeshirts and lots of other Merch!!!

Break Down
1. Rough

I started the original Rough and paper and cleaned it up again in photoshop.

 2. Line and Flat Tone



After the Rough I worked for a very long time doing the line art and the flat tone of the colour, I have it very broken up to this is the best way to look at the line art.  I spent most of the time working on each of the characters vehicles  *cough the Car* its was hard to find good reference from the film with the angle I chose.

3. shading and effects


After working on the tones I moved on and added a tint the characters, shading and a few highlights from the mad destruction in the background.  I enjoyed this part just for experimenting with the colours for the fire and the glow of the doctors Sonic Screwdriver.  I think it really mad the image pop.


Here is a little close up of the background behind the characters.  I added a lot of unnecessary detail in the back and it gets blocked to I thought I'd show a close up :).

any if you got through that and have any other questions just msg me and ask me on twitter :)

also if you wanna follow me other  places  I'm here to :)




Thanks so much for check out my blog :) see you in the next post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

https://teechip.com/1rickband

Do you know about this?

Unknown said...

https://teechip.com/1rickband

Niall Byrne said...

Thank you for sending the link, I've reported now. This goes on way to much.